The Benefits of Acupuncture
The major benefits of acupuncture are sometimes clouded by a misunderstanding of what it is and how it works. However, this alternative treatment method is known to offer several powerful benefits for those suffering from a range of chronic and debilitating health issues.
The 4 Major Benefits of Acupuncture Treatments
We see a wide range of different individuals and cases step into our acupuncture clinic in North London. Broadly speaking, the benefits of acupuncture can be broken down into the following.
- Pain Management — Acupuncture has been frequently used to alleviate various types of pain through the stimulation and release of endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain-relieving chemicals. This is known to reduce discomfort and promote a sense of resilience against pain.
- Stress Reduction — By targeting specific points on the body, acupuncture is believed to regulate the nervous system and decrease the heart rate, thus promoting a sense of calmness and reducing anxiety. By promoting the balance and flow of energy (Qi) within the body as well as addressing blockages in the body’s energy pathways, it also aims to promote a sense of vitality and harmony.
- Improved Mental Health — Links have also been drawn between acupuncture and a positive impact on mental health through the reduction of anxiety, depression and insomnia. It is also believed that treatment can promote the release of neurotransmitters that play a role in regulating mood and emotions.
- Combat Certain Illnesses — Acupuncture is recognised as a complementary therapy for a range of illnesses and health conditions. If you are considering acupuncture as a treatment for a specific illness, let us know and we’ll advise you on what benefits you may be able to expect from an acupuncture treatment plan.
How Does Acupuncture Affect the Body?
Through a process of inserting small needles into the skin, acupuncture is designed to stimulate the central nervous system and release certain beneficial chemicals into the muscles, spinal cord and brain.
This in turn is hoped to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities in relation to current illnesses or ailments, as well as promote overall physical and emotional well-being.
What Can Acupuncture Treat?
Evidence-based acupuncture recognises that treatment can have a positive effect on the following conditions:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting
- Chronic low back pain
- Chronic and tension headaches
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Postoperative pain
We also offer acupuncture for a range of other health issues in North London and the surrounding areas and have seen success in working this treatment method into holistic health and wellbeing programs for a range of individuals who walk through our doors. This includes those suffering from dermatological issues, fertility issues, low energy and more.
Visit Our Centre for Acupuncture Treatment
If you have questions about how acupuncture works or would like to seek personal advice about acupuncture, please visit our North London acupuncture centre. Our Acubody team will be happy to explain whether this could be a useful treatment for your case and build a short or long-term treatment plan for you.