Somatic therapy is a holistic therapeutic approach that emphasises the connection between the mind and body in addressing a range of issues.
It recognises the impact of bodily sensations, movements, and experiences on mental well-being, using techniques such as body awareness, breathwork, and movement to help individuals process and release emotional tension stored in the body.
At Acubody, we offer somatic coaching and a newly launched somatics online course—created to address a broad spectrum of emotional and psychological issues as well as empower individuals in their wellness journeys.
There are so many reasons why someone might seek out somatic coaching, but below are just a few of the most common.
- Chronic Pain —Individuals experiencing chronic pain, often linked to emotional or psychological factors, may seek a somatic therapy course to explore the mind-body connection and find holistic approaches to pain management.
- Stress and Anxiety — Somatic therapy can help individuals become more aware of how stress and anxiety manifest in the body, providing tools to release tension and promote relaxation. This approach can also complement traditional talk therapy for depression.
- Relationship Issues — A somatic therapy course may assist one or multiple individuals in a relationship by helping individuals recognise and address patterns of communication and expression that may be rooted in the body.
- Emotional Regulation — Learning to regulate and manage emotions through somatic techniques can be beneficial for individuals who struggle with emotional dysregulation, mood disorders, body image issues, or eating disorders—becoming a valuable tool in helping individuals develop a healthier relationship with themselves.
- Trauma Recovery and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) — Somatic therapy has also been used in addressing the physical and emotional effects of trauma by working with the body’s responses to stress.
Somatic therapy is for everyone. It offers a pathway for individuals to deepen their self-awareness, explore their body’s wisdom, and foster personal growth through an integrated mind-body approach. This is something that can have many practical benefits to someone’s life, regardless of age, culture or lifestyle.
Somatic therapy is expected to yield a range of positive outcomes, including heightened body awareness, improved emotional regulation, and the release of stored physical tension.
Individuals often experience a reduction in stress, enhanced coping mechanisms for trauma, and increased mind-body connection. The therapy may contribute to improved posture and movement, providing tools for pain management, and fostering a sense of overall well-being.
Our somatics online course may help you by providing accessible guidance and instruction on how to develop body awareness, release tension, and improve physical well-being.
One great benefit is it can be used in combination with other treatment plans and approaches for a more holistic approach to wellness, potentially enhancing the effects of acupuncture, structural bodywork techniques, Pilates, Qi Gong and more.
If you are interested in learning more about our somatics online course, or other offerings at our centre, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.