At Acubody, we offer therapies that aim to give you an optimal combination of treatment and rehabilitation for your specific problems and circumstances.
Sometimes this will involve treating the existing damage and pain our clients are experiencing, and at other times focusing on preventing future damage and promoting long-lasting health and wellbeing.
Below are some of our tip preventative techniques for illnesses and injuries.
Follow Healthy Living Best Practices
– Your heart is a muscle that needs regular exercise to stay healthy and the best way to keep your body in shape is to exercise regularly in a way that doesn’t damage your joints and ligaments. This can be simple activities like walking, stretching, yoga or pilates.
– A healthy, balanced diet is one of the best protections against health concerns, inducing high cholesterol and diabetes.
– Try to achieve balance in all things. For example, moderate drinking of alcohol may offer some health benefits, however, drinking too much can put you at risk for many kinds of cancer.
– Stress is useful in some situations, and can be a powerful tool when you can harness it. However, higher levels of stress over a long period is incredibly bad for both your physical and mental health.
One benefit of myofascial release is its ability to decrease tension in the fascia tissue, which could otherwise become a restrictive barrier that can cause tightness and pain. This can also cause you to adapt your movements to compensate, which could lead to additional strain and damage in other areas of your body.
Myofascial release treatment can help relieve obstructions and adhesions in the myofascial, and stretching and elongating fascia can improve mobility in your body. Other bodywork treatments we offer include:
- Deep Tissue massage
- Sports massage
- Swedish massage
- Trigger point Therapy
- Tui na acupressure
Pilates is a powerful movement system promoting free movement, strength, core stability and joint mobility. By improving flexibility and awareness of our body, it can support physical health as well as emotional wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Improved posture
- Rectify muscle imbalances
- Improve physical coordination and balance
- Increased muscle strength of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks
- Enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- Improved stabilisation of your spine
- Relaxation your shoulders, neck and upper back
Optimal Combination of Treatment
Drawing from a large pool of expertise, Acubody can help you build a course of treatments to improve your health and prevent future damage and injury, as well as address any existing health issues you may be suffering from.
We offer myofascial release treatment, pilates, traditional Chinese acupuncture and herbs, as well as several other activities that can become part of a holistic wellness regime designed to prevent future damage and illness in your body.